Thursday 3 March 2016

More Recast Prussian S range conversions

 Following on from my blog about the fact that I am building S range Franco Prussian War armies. I posted some pictures of some conversions of, amongst other things mounted officers.  I had been using the French Generals body and swapping the head.  By chance or design I got a lot of Prussian Generals in a bag of castings that I had ordered from John Cunningham - more than I knew what to do with.  Looking at http://www.grosser-generalstab.de which has lots of pictures of Prussian and allied uniforms, I came across Prussian Officers in peaked caps and plumed helmets.  So I came up with these conversions and paint jobs.  All the conversions are straight head swops



The entire Prussian and allied mounted command including earlier Bavarian and Hussar conversions.







The Crown Prince in peaked cap



Prussian Cuirassier Major



Mounted Silesian Officer



Russian Crimean War General painted as Prussian General in parade dress


Wurttemburg Officer 


In case you are worried that this is a bit of a waste, all the Prussian heads that I have removed will be mounted on the Saxon Infantry Officers body to give me variations of Prussian Infantry Officers.  The pose for the Saxon Officer is for some reason completely different to any other officer in the Franco Prussian range.  




6 comments:

  1. Very very nice! I've had a yen for both vintage figures and the FPW for as long as I can remember, so this is doubly welcome. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for your comments, glad you liked them. Thought I might post a simple how to do it? Jack is always saying to Bob and I that 'anyone can make models like his' - to which we reply not we can't, but I think these head swaps are simple with the right tools.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for your comments, glad you liked them. Thought I might post a simple how to do it? Jack is always saying to Bob and I that 'anyone can make models like his' - to which we reply not we can't, but I think these head swaps are simple with the right tools.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked them, Jack is always saying that we can make models like him, to which replay 'No we can't', but these conversions are simple with the right tools. Thought I might show some how to do it pictures?

    ReplyDelete