I always fancied an infantry officer with binoculars. Before I got my recent diagnosis, I had started hacking a figure about to try to make one. For some time now the various bits - arms and bodies have sat on my desk waiting to be put together. To be honest I couldn't be bothered to complete it. But in one of my brighter moments I thought 'why not'.
So I set about joining the arms to the body. Needless to say they broke, fell on the floor and I was left crawling around trying to find the two parts of the arms. I eventually found them more by luck that judgement. My big problem now is that I have a cataract in my left eye. This is the eye I use for close up work. I do not mention this to solicit yet more sympathy but to explain what happened next.
I set about fixing the arms in place with superglue and green stuff. Having completed this task which I thought seemed more difficult to line up the arms than before and leaving everything to dry off. I picked up my finished creation only to discover that I had stuck the arms on upside down! I blame this entirely on my eye!
Having got this far I really couldn't be bothered to try to undo the fixing or start again so I just proceeded to paint what I had done. Again painting is a real problem the brush seems to have turned into a broom! Anyway this is the 'finished article' which just goes to show how wrong you can get it!
|'Can You See What I See'|
Needless to say, I won't be making anymore versions of this particular conversion!