In an earlier blog, I boasted that my Austrian S range army was complete. I have to say dear reader that I misled you!
I had fancied some high command with the large feather bonnet, but I struggled with a figure to use. Whilst going through my Crimean British Command, I came across this figure who has some feather already. Jack made me a mould can cast me up 6 figures to work on.
The first thing I did was to simply square off the swallow tails on the horse blanket. Cut and filed away the tails on the jacket. On one figure I cut away the ends of the hat to make it slightly shorter (grey coated officer) and the other I left the same. I added a bit of green stuff to make the ‘feathers wider’.
I just don’t think I got this quite right. I should have made the feathers more distinctive – this is more like a large plume – and actually made it wider.