Having made a conversion to make Sardinian Cavalry a little while ago, I had the basics for the Austrian Cavalry helmet.
The head swap was obvious, although it needed a little cleaning to remove the band on the helmet. Then I had to find a body.
For the Austrian Dragoons the choice for fairly obvious and required only a head swap for the Prussian Dragoon,
The standard bearer is simply made by removing the carbine and drilling through the hand and inserting a brass rod.
Again the basic head swap, but I did experiment with the body. My first try was with a Turkish cavalryman. Although it looked okay, the coat seemed two long.
Then I tried the ACW rider and this seemed to be a better option. Again I made the Officer and Standard bearer as set out above.
The artillery figures are simple head swaps. The basic figures are the two FPW artilleryman. The third figure with the rammer is the ACW artilleryman again with a head swap.
I decided on the French Zouave Officer as having the best 'shako'.
Part 3 will cover the some of the forces allied to either the Prussians or Austrians.