Saturday 11 February 2017

S Range Turkish Standing Firing Unit complete

A few weeks ago I published some pictures of a Turkish Infantryman standing firing which I had made with a head swap of an ACW infantryman.

Well with Jack's help with mould making I am finally able to field the regiment.  

To add a little something in addition to their drummer I gave them a bugler.  Again a simple head swap.  I used the Russian Caucasian bugler as his coat is nearer to the Turkish one. Minifigs did originally list a Turkish Bugler as part of the range but it isn't available so I made my own.


  1. Very nicely done. Often the simplest conversions yield the best results, as you have proven here.

    1. Hi Paul, many thanks. It stems from the old Airfix days when you only way you could get some figures/nationalities was a bit of imagination, a head swap and a pin in the body!

  2. Superb uniform and great paintbrush!

  3. Thanks for taking the time to comment Phil, glad you liked them.

  4. Excellent! I'd love to see some more details about how you went about making moulds and casting them.

  5. Hi Wellington Man, no problem, I am going to Jack's next week so will take some pictures for a future article on mould making and casting.